Dayton Masters Chess Festival Is now owned and run for the Dayton Ohio Chess Masters Foundation a 501(c)(3) organization where donors may make tax deductible contributions under IRC Section 170.
More details from the Foundation Bylaws:
- The Foundation is organized exclusively to promote chess in Dayton Ohio, in Ohio, and in the Midwest by hosting
- International Chess Events (Dayton Masters) and Associated Chess Events in a Chess Festival Atmosphere.
- To provide chess players in Dayton Ohio, in Ohio, in Indiana, in Kentucky, in Michigan, and in other Midwestern
- states the opportunity to obtain FIDE (Fédération Internationale des Échecs or World Chess Federation) International
- Titles such as FIDE Master (FM), International Master (IM), and Grandmaster (GM) without having to travel to West Coast or East Coast events to do so.
The Dayton Masters is intended as the core event with others to follow with outreaches to the city of Dayton, local schools, colleges, and local business as a cultural enrichment for a game with a history of 1,400 years and currently the most popular board game played throughout the world.
Our goal and mission is to make Dayton and Ohio and the Midwest a known part of this international community holding FIDE rated events regularly so players obtain not only US Chess Federation ratings, but International ratings and titles as well via FIDE.
You can make a donation here.